The Utah Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics works hand-in-hand with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to improve the nation's health and advance the profession through research, education and advocacy. Advocacy is critical to achieving the mission, vision, goals and strategies outlined in the Academy's Strategic Plan Roadmap. Public policy significantly influences and forms the Academy's public image and that of the dietetics profession. You can link to information on this page and in the special topics listed to the left of this page on UAND's and the Academy's advocacy efforts.
- Malnutrition Awareness Week
- Order writing privileges
- MNT reimbursement
- Reporting tool for stories of harm and/or success
- Legislative guidance
- Legislative Day
- Dietitian Legislative Ambassadors
- Action alerts
- Utah RDN participation in the Academy's legislative priorities and grassroots initiatives
- Public Policy Workshop (PPW)
Licensure (click here for licensure information)
Academy Incident Reporting Tool
Please feel free to contact your advocacy leaders for questions or clarifying information!