We invite you to submit nominations for any and all of UAND’s Awards. In 2013 several awards had no nominations. In 2014, we would like to see more people receive recognition for their efforts. This is a great opportunity to recognize your coworkers, colleagues, mentors, or proteges for the work they have done in the dietetics profession. In 2014, we would like to present each of the following awards:
- Award of Recognition: to recognize those outside the field of dietetics who have contributed unselfishly to the dietetics profession in Utah
- Award of Merit: to recognize a dietitian who has demonstrated leadership and made a significant contribution to the profession of dietetics
- Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year (RYDY): to recognize a dietitian 35 years of age or younger (as of March 31, 2014) who has demonstrated leadership qualities and performance in dietetics
- Emerging Dietetic Leader (EDL): to recognize the competence and activities of dietitians, regardless of age, who have made distinctive contributions early in their dietetics careers
The full criteria for each award, nomination procedures, and required nominee data sheet are available on the UAND Awards website: http://www.eatrightutah.org/uda.cfm?page=awards. If individuals were nominated in 2013 but not selected to receive an award, their nomination will be held and they will be reconsidered for the award in 2014.
Nominations must be typed; handwritten materials will not be accepted. Nomination packets must include:
- A letter of nomination
- Two letters of support
- A nominee data sheet (available online)
- Nominee resume
- Six copies of each of the nomination materials must be submitted by the due date
Students are also encouraged to apply for one of UAND’s four $1000 scholarships. Additional information and the scholarship application can also be found on the UAND Scholarships website at http://www.eatrightutah.org/uda.cfm?page=scholarships.
Award nominations and scholarship applications must be postmarked by February 15, 2014 and sent to the Scholarships and Awards Chair. Email submissions will also be accepted:
Please let me know if you have any questions.