Big thank you to Harmon’s Grocery and their dietitians for sponsoring this years conference bags, the food sculpture contest, and being a vendor on Thursday of the annual meeting!
Did you know that Harmons Grocery employs three full-time dietitians? Whether you are located in the north, south, or central Salt Lake valley, a Harmons’ dietitian is available to support your nutrition practice. Our dietitians are conveniently based out of three Harmons’ locations:
Harmons Bangerter Crossing (Draper) Jonnell Masson, MS, RD, CD
Harmons City Creek (Salt Lake City) Laura Holtrop-Kohl, MS, RD, CD
Harmons Station Park (Farmington) Jessica LaRoche, MS, RD, CD
So how can a grocery store dietitian support you and your clients or patients?
- Free in-store grocery store tours. Do your clients need help putting your nutrition guidance into practice when they grocery shop? Our dietitians can help them navigate our aisles with a focus on label reading and appropriate choices for heart-healthy, diabetes-friendly, gluten-free or other specialized diets.
- Healthy cooking classes. It’s no secret that Americans are eating out more frequently and cooking less. Our dietitians and cooking school chefs team up monthly for health-themed cooking classes, including diabetes-friendly, gluten-free, and family classes. Upcoming classes can be found online at http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/cooking-school/
- Wellness workshops. Our dietitians hold interactive workshops every month on a variety of themes, including Eating for Immunity, Cancer Prevention, and Building Balanced, Healthy and Quick Meals. These are a great opportunity for your health-engaged clients to broaden their nutrition education in a fun and informative atmosphere.
- Private store tours or workshops. Do you facilitate a weight-loss or other specialized group? Harmons’ dietitians can work with you to provide tailored store tours or workshops for your group.
- Individual nutrition counseling. For your clients who require more personalized diet guidance, we offer a variety of nutrition counseling services and health screening packages.
- Partnership with our pharmacists. We know how intimidating and confusing it can be for those newly diagnosed with diabetes, heart-disease, or other health conditions to manage their medications and diet. Our pharmacists and dietitians team up to provide a complete health experience, including 100% consultation with our pharmacists 100% of the time, and free store tours and education from our dietitians.
- Online resources. Have you checked out the “Great Health” section on our website? You will find general and condition-specific nutrition information, including a diabetes shopping list and gluten free product guide, our calendar of upcoming classes, and our weekly dietitian blog. This is a great resource for your information-hungry clients. (http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/health/)