Are you planning on moving to Utah? Or are you a student about to begin your dietetics career? Or do you just want to find more ways to connect with fellow RDs? Either way this list is for you! We’ve compiled everything you need to know about starting your career and networking here in Utah.
- Get certified in Utah
- The most important part—apply for your Certified Dietitian License! Make sure you have a copy of your CDR credential ready to upload. According to the division, once you pay for and submit your application you can expect to hear from them within 10 business days. The application fee is $60.
- Become a UAND member—update your Academy State Affiliate
- If you are moving to Utah, make sure you update your AND State Affiliate. Membership in UAND is free and automatic when you are an Academy member living in Utah or an Academy member who has called the Academy and requested Utah as your state of affiliation. For more information click here.
- Opt-in to the UAND Listserv
- You’re now a member of UAND. Hooray! Opting in to the Listserv puts you on our email list. You’ll receive communications about upcoming activities, CE opportunities, and general UAND information. Instructions for opting in can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Attend the UAND Annual Meeting
- Join us for our Annual Meeting! Held over two days at the end of March or beginning of April, this is a great chance to network with dietitians from all over Utah. The program includes lectures, break-out sessions, exhibits, awards, and poster presentations. Attendees can also earn up to 12 CPEs! Information on past and future meetings can be found here.
- Join the Dietitians in Utah Facebook group
- This is the networking group & forum for dietitians, diet techs, and dietetics students in Utah. Run by Utah Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics social media, it’s a place for you to network, ask questions, post jobs, events, etc. Join the Facebook group and welcome!
- Follow UAND on Facebook and connect on LinkedIn
- Complete our UAND Member Spotlight Questionnaire
- An easy and simple way to get to know you! After you submit, you will later be featured on our blog. Complete the form.
- Volunteer with UAND
- Join our team! You can earn CPE credits and network with other nutrition professionals by volunteering on the UAND Board. It’s a great way to build your resume and get involved! Current opening information can be found by emailing email@example.com.
- Contribute a post and subscribe to Nutrition Elevated
- Nutrition Elevated is UAND’s blog; written for dietitians. Contributing a post is a great way to get your name out in our community of dietitians, highlight your private practice or personal blog, and increase your writing portfolio! Post guidelines can be found here. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to Nutrition Elevated here. (The subscription box is on the left sidebar.)
We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions or want something added to this list!